Edit Freeze: Please do not make edits to the Wurmpedia until the move has completed. Information on the move will be updated in this banner when available.
A ship is used to sail the seven seas.
Note: The small raft floats, but cannot be boarded, so does not even count as a boat.
***The person who finishes the ship becomes the owner. ***To prevent someone from stealing or finishing your unfinished boat make sure no one but you can get access by building it in a small temporary house.
Ownership can be transferred by the owner in the vehicle management window.
Server crossing: on Freedom servers you need to be owner of the boat to sail to another server (friends can cross as passengers provided the driver owns the boat), on Epic servers you can cross servers as friend too - the ownership transfers to the commander then.
The owner and any person with the Manage right can manage the usage permissions through a window available via the Manage vehicle menu option.
The permissions control drive (embarking as commander), mount (embarking as a passenger), accessing the inventory hold of the ship and managing the settings. Each of these rights can be granted or denied to all friends, all villagers and everyone. The owner always has all permissions. The settings only take affect if the ship is locked however.
The owner of the ship can attach a boat lock to it to enable permissions. The lock can be removed by everyone in possession of the key but only the owner can attach it again.
To secure a ship from being dragged or pushed away it's important to moor it with a mooring anchor. A ship can be moored by the commander and any passenger but only the commander can raise the anchor.
- The person to attach the last piece to an unfinished ship becomes the owner when it is finished.
- Currently there are no beneficial speed results from improving the quality of a ship.
- Ships with a quality of less than 10 cannot be commanded.
- Can be transported over land using ship transporters.
- FREEDOM ONLY - You cannot cross a server border on a boat that you don't own.
However, the warning message (You may not leave the server with this boat. You need to own it or be friend with the owner.) is somewhat misleading, as it implies friends can cross borders. That is incorrect at this time - the commander must be the owner.
- Trying to build a ship in a (large) cart will present the message "[01:06:39] You can't work with the Unfinished small rowing boat in the large cart.", it is therefore not possible anymore since update to carts back in 2012.
|Vessel||Mind Logic||Total Occupants ||Maximum Solo Speed (km/h)||Maximum speed (full crew)||Commander Propulsion (km/h) ||Hold Capacity (Volume) ||Hold Capacity (Rafts)||Hold Capacity (Sm Crates)||Hold Capacity (Lg Crates)||Size ||Height ||Draft ||Minimum Passable Depth||Weight (Kg)|
|Rowing Boat||<19.5(?)||3||12.05||?||~7.2||756||0||0||0||2x1x1||3 Dirt||5 Dirt||5||120|
|Small Sailing Boat||20.1||5||20.7||21.34||~7.2||756||0||0||0||2x1x2||3 Dirt||5 Dirt||5||140|
|Knarr||23||13||27||?||~6.5||??||100||75||43||4x2x3||8 Dirt (?)||??||5||2000|
|Caravel||24||14||28.5||34.13||??||75600||100||100||62||7x2x7||35 Dirt (?)||??||20||2450|
-  This includes the captain.
-  This is the amount a commander can influence the speed of a boat (in either forward or reverse) when it is otherwise un-crewed.
-  To calculate how many of something fit inside, divide the ship's volume by the item's volume per unit. Stacking containers, an example is small barrels in rafts, will make room for more than 100 items.
-  Measured in tiles and multistory. Length x Width x Height
-  Measured above water level to the main deck.
-  Measured below water level to the keel.
For details regarding vessel construction you may also want to see the Ship Construction Details Table.