- We celebrate this Easter by doing two things: upping creature AI a bit, and nerfing lava spawns which were making a bit of a mess. Enjoy! Hopefully the Easter Bunny pops by so don’t forget to check for your egg come Saturday! Remember, the Bunny likes to hide it in grass.
As many of you are aware by now there is a security vulnerability in the OpenSSL cryptographic protocol which has been dubbed Heartbleed.
Our game software is not vulnerable to the bug. We have updated all our web servers with the latest patches.
We have asked our service providers what they have done about this and the ones we could get hold of all responded positively.
Our web hosting company states: “yes, we already updated openssl to the newest version – additional information about this could be found here http://www.hetzner-status.de/en.html”
Invision, our forum software company states: “All of our servers were updated to the latest version of OpenSSL to secure them against the Heartbleed bug as soon as the issue was discovered.”
Paypal has made the following statement:
1) Your PayPal account is secure
2) Your PayPal account details were not exposed in the past and remain secure
3) You do not need to take any additional action to safeguard your information
4) There is no need to change your password
We received this from Xsolla:
Our team has reviewed our exposure and we want to make clear to you the
steps we’ve taken to ensure your continued protection:
None of our public facing web servers are running the version of OpenSSL
that includes this vulnerability and there is no impact to the Xsolla service.
Some of the servers we communicate with internally were using the
affected version of OpenSSL; these systems have all been patched with a
new version of OpenSSL that eliminates the vulnerability.
We have reviewed the potential exposure and we have no evidence to
suggest that any user data has been compromised.
The test conducted on our Mega Server today was in many ways a success but the server lag became a bit too heavy with 600+ players online at the same time. What was very nice to see was that the server didn’t die or totally freeze. In a sense it was still playable and many of you didn’t seem to care much but the lag wasn’t really noticeable if you were only walking around or fighting. It would be very frustrating during creation or building though.
We’ll look further into what can be done to reduce lag and discuss the data we gathered.
A heartful thank you goes out to everyone who participated in this test – we did find things that we do not want to run in to in a live release situation. Next test will be at a better time with a bit more notice. We’ll keep you posted with any decisions we make!
Allright, the game client you need to use for the Xanadu Mega Server test is our standard test client, which has been modified to connect to that server:
There is no need to register for the event – just type a nickname and a random password and connect.
We suggest that you download it now so that your graphics packs update properly.
What we are testing is to see how a large population affects lag on the server, so don’t hesitate to run multiple clients at once. The test is scheduled to run between 22.00 and 23.00 hrs CEST today but we will try to keep the test going as long as population numbers increase.
We’ll be streaming how it looks ingame as well on http://www.twitch.tv/codeclub
Thanks for joining in!
On Thursday 10/4 at 22.00 hrs CEST we will test a Mega Sized Server and want you to help us out! The size we are testing is 16 times the size of our current largest servers.
- Domestic creature pathfinding fix
- Sleeping in beds on other deeds should now properly remove your model
- Changed Valrei behaviour according to this forum suggestion. (No delay between missions. Every mission completed advances a set move timer instead. You may set deity target hex by spending a lot of karma using Commune on an altar on Epic servers)
- Attempting to snipe or ignore deity accounts should no longer cause continuous error messages
- Fixed a reason for the erroneous regions in Epic build mission target descriptions
- Creation missions will no longer require altars or similar decorations
- Creation missions will no longer require large ships
- Cut down tree missions now follow the settlement borders better
- Made finding rice on grass tiles near water more common. Made it so there is a very small chance of finding rice regardless of distance from water (or skill)
- Added / amended titles from the player suggestions
- Made prey inside settlements or hitched exempt from the new hunting